- Rich people only got their money by inheriting it.
- Rich people that "made" their money did it by hurting and using the people around them.
- Rich people were never in debt like I am now.
- Rich people never had a salary like mine (super-in-the-basement-low!)
- Rich people never had the medical expenses I do.
- Rich people hadan easier life than I do.
Okay, I think that wraps up the majority of comments I've heard in my seminars. Nothing could be further from the truth. Millionaires are some of the most generous people you will ever meet and the ones that have "made" their money did it by being kind, considerate, and fair to those around them. Over and over again I've heard people say about millionaires they meet, "Wow, you'd never think that Mr. X was worth millions, he's so nice!" I could go through each assumption point-by-point, but I am trusting in you, dear reader, to see these assumptions for what they are. Excuses. That's right. Excuses to avoid taking the necessary steps to get out of debt and start a life of abundance.
Last item, if you want to be rich you have to:
- Make the decision that you really want to have lots and lots of money. This is paramount to your success.
- Determine EXACTLY how much money you really want to have. For me, I want to be worth 20 million so I can use the interest on such investments to pay for a foundation that will be philanthropic. How am I going to do this? I have absolutely NO IDEA! But, hey, don't bother me with details, I have a goal and somehow, somewhere...I will make it.
- Read a wonderful book by my dear friend, Barbara Stanny. It is called, "Overcoming Underearning." Barbara does a brilliant job of unearthing the emotional barriers that keep folks in low-paying jobs. Your view on money and how you treat it will directly affect how much money you earn. Barbara has been in the business of helping people with their money for decades and told me once, "Janine, I want to make millions so I can help millions." I really love this lady!
Over the next few months I will be working with you on how to have a life mission so that you are able to bring yourself out of debt and save money at the same time. While you're doing that, read Barbara's book so that you figure out the emotional walls you have to earning more money. Okay? If you want to email me or comment, please do. By the questions I get and emails, etc. I will customize the program to fit what you need as a reader.
Good luck and we'll chat again really soon.