Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Step 1 to Abundance, "Do I Want to be Rich?"


by Janine Bolon


Okay, okay, OKAY!!!! After the past two months of emails, phone calls, and letters. I'll do it! Stop twisting my arm! Geeze....it has come to my attention in MULTIPLE ways and in a multitude of communications that people really want me to start at the basics again. It seems my book is no longer enough and people want fresh insight on the old stand by...How do I Become Rich in Today's Economy! Over the next few months I will be blogging about the steps that I (and other millionaires) have used to become wealthy, rich, abundant...whatever term fits easiest in your paradigm. I will go through a step-by-step program to get you from where you are to where you want to be. Okay? I do hope the harassment of my readers will stop by doing this! (I'm laughing here, you guys have been great. Congratulations, you won!)


First off, the primary thing that is REQUIRED for you to become wealthy is this simple question. You must answer this question with total integrity. If you in ANY way fudge this question you will sabotage your efforts, you will continue in debt and nothing, NOTHING I write from this point on will make an impact on your financial status. Agreed? So right here, right now you MUST answer this question in complete honesty.


Do I want to be Rich?


Seems simple doesn't it? Well, it isn't for 95% of my clients this question stumps them for months before they finally make the decision that "Yes, Janine, I want to be RICH!" They almost always start giggling at this point because for them it is like they're cussing out loud in a theater or something. RICH has a really bad reputation. Some one call a PR firm and give RICH a better image because for most middle class folks, it is akin to EVIL. Nobody wants to be EVIL so why would they want to be RICH? Right?


If you answered, "Yes" to the question don't think you're out of the woods quite yet. You still have an issue. Sorry to be the one to break it to you. If you REALLY wanted to be RICH you would be right now and wouldn't be reading this post. So, there is something there, emotionally speaking, holding you back from becoming the wealthiest person you want to be. Here are some clues (assumptions you hold deep in your heart where no one can see) to what may be keeping you from such an abundant life....



  1. Rich people only got their money by inheriting it.

  2. Rich people that "made" their money did it by hurting and using the people around them.

  3. Rich people were never in debt like I am now.

  4. Rich people never had a salary like mine (super-in-the-basement-low!)

  5. Rich people never had the medical expenses I do.

  6. Rich people hadan easier life than I do.

Okay, I think that wraps up the majority of comments I've heard in my seminars. Nothing could be further from the truth. Millionaires are some of the most generous people you will ever meet and the ones that have "made" their money did it by being kind, considerate, and fair to those around them. Over and over again I've heard people say about millionaires they meet, "Wow, you'd never think that Mr. X was worth millions, he's so nice!" I could go through each assumption point-by-point, but I am trusting in you, dear reader, to see these assumptions for what they are. Excuses. That's right. Excuses to avoid taking the necessary steps to get out of debt and start a life of abundance.


Last item, if you want to be rich you have to:



  • Make the decision that you really want to have lots and lots of money. This is paramount to your success.

  • Determine EXACTLY how much money you really want to have. For me, I want to be worth 20 million so I can use the interest on such investments to pay for a foundation that will be philanthropic. How am I going to do this? I have absolutely NO IDEA! But, hey, don't bother me with details, I have a goal and somehow, somewhere...I will make it.

  • Read a wonderful book by my dear friend, Barbara Stanny. It is called, "Overcoming Underearning." Barbara does a brilliant job of unearthing the emotional barriers that keep folks in low-paying jobs. Your view on money and how you treat it will directly affect how much money you earn. Barbara has been in the business of helping people with their money for decades and told me once, "Janine, I want to make millions so I can help millions." I really love this lady!

Over the next few months I will be working with you on how to have a life mission so that you are able to bring yourself out of debt and save money at the same time. While you're doing that, read Barbara's book so that you figure out the emotional walls you have to earning more money. Okay? If you want to email me or comment, please do. By the questions I get and emails, etc. I will customize the program to fit what you need as a reader.

Good luck and we'll chat again really soon.





4 comments:

Chaka said...

Thank you for addressing this topic on your blog. I have always struggled with the "poor is more righteous" mentality. I am finally ready to move on and become ridiculously wealthy. I will be watching for future posts.

The Money Muse said...

Chaka:
Excellent news, dear one! Glad to hear it. Also, make sure you have a clear idea of exactly HOW MUCH money you want to have. Okay? It is very important to set a monetary figure in your mind so that you manifest that in your reality. I'll be posting more later this week. First, I have to boil stuff down to super-easy, highly-practical, twitter-savvy bits! LOL!!!

Josh said...

Thanks for the blog update. I'll be following along!

Dolly said...

I'm continually following you and posting your news on my facebook and twitter account:)